Pages.

Thanks for Stopping By

12/27/12

Thirst


Thirst

Night times are the worst. It’s the hour of danger, and in my case, it’s the hour of thirst.

I drink water before I go to bed, although it’s recommended that we don’t.  
I keep a full glass of water on my table and fall asleep but sometime during the night, I awaken – to thirst.



The dryness constricts my throat and my impulse forces me to jerk up and stretch over to the glass.

I sleep.

....

I wake up once more for another gulp that I know will end the contents of the glass.

I sleep again....
.....
....
..... only to be awakened.

I know the glass is empty.

I must now take off the blanket that I am ever so protected beneath and expose myself to the chill beyond my room.



I feel like a zombie now, not able to see what is before me I bump slightly into the wall on the way out.  Heading into the kitchen I don’t turn on the light as the pain to turn it off will haunt me in the seconds I’m there.

I fill my glass assuming the water reached the rim and walk out carefully. 

On the way in, I bump into the wall again.

I can’t comprehend what ever feeling of hurt I might have undergone because my brain is dead and my eyes refuse to stay apart.

Slamming the glass down, I fall onto my bed allowing myself to be entangled within the sheets to a not so perfect sleep.

4 comments:

  1. nice one though, you could keep a large bottle right beside the bed instead. :)

    Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! This happens to me all the time. So aggravating.

    ReplyDelete

Wohoooo, thanks for the comment!