Pages.

Thanks for Stopping By

6/5/12

The Lady in White




All my enlightenment's and realizations and flashbacks mostly hit me when I'm travelling in the bus. Don't look lowly on buses, since APSRTC has done a very impressive job on air conditioned buses, except the minor of glitch of not having as many as metros. Anyways, that's not what this is about. Today's incident called out for another post.
Today I was stuck in traffic for almost 40 minutes, and at that point, she walked in, clad in white, I immediately noticed her, but I acted as if I didn't. She walked in with 3 of her other colleagues and only one of them had place to sit so she stood, right in front of me. I stared outside. I heard her taking 3 tickets, all the stops being before mine. I could feel her looking at me, and I knew she was also probably surprised. She did look a few times, I could tell but I decided to be ignorant about it. 
We had a bad past, and that resulted her telling me to keep away from her daughter. The reason it had gone to that extent was because there was an incident between Mrs.S's brother and my mum, to which I had to stand up and tell him to relax and back off. Being a man, his ego was hurt, and my entire speech was put on loud-speaker.  I went over to apologize since he was elder to me, but the S family being highly offended told me it was over and that I couldn't come to their house or be friends with their daughter anymore. There was a whole other after story after this particular incident but I don't think I want to get into it unless it is specifically requested. So that's that, and it’s been 2 years since I spoke to her or her daughter. I didn't really care now, and I know while I drive down the streets, music blaring and her daughter comes in front of me, I hardly even give a look and zoom past her. I know she was expecting me to stop, but I wasn't going to stop for someone who couldn't stand up and convince her mum of our friendship. Felt good to know that she is the one hurt and not me.
Any ways, back to Mrs. S, I had my headphones on waiting for the traffic to clear, I looked everywhere around the bus except at her, and for some random reason our eyes met, and we were facing each other, I sitting and she standing.  Not a fraction of sympathy in me.  Let her stand. She smiled and I forced myself to take the ear-phones out and smile back. She spoke first " Baagunava"? I nodded and asked her how she was, she said she was fine. She asked me again "Amma baagunda?", I didn't know if she asked me that on purpose or if that was just a casual question, either way my smile only lasted for that answer and then I continued to look out the window, the bus finally moving. Soon, her stop came and she was saying her byes to her colleague's, and I knew she looked back for a second, but I didn't. I wouldn't. I can't respect people for their age, my respect extends for their character, and in my opinion she didn't deserve my look. Call me harsh, I won't mind.
 She requested the bus-driver to stop the bus and then she walked down, white fading to nothing.



10 comments:

  1. I don't think you were being harsh. Age isn't everything.

    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following :)
    Much appreciated!

    http://missbitchxox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment & for following me! You have a great blog and I look forward to reading more from you. Fllowing back!

    <3
    peachesanddcream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The truth will set you free... even though it may piss a few people.... Go Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worth a read . I lyked ! Akshay Arora

    ReplyDelete

Wohoooo, thanks for the comment!